EUROAVIA Terrassa was born in 2005, when 5 aerospace engineering students began the process to join EUROAVIA. Since then, we have an historic registry of more than 400 members. EUROAVIA Terrassa also hosts the UPC Space Program, a group of students organized in missions related to model rockets, sounding balloons or drones for example. At the moment, more than 50 students take part in this challenging project.
Event dates: 25-30 July ’17
Applications from: 24th May ’17 – 20:00 -UTC
The assistants, organised in teams, will participate in a project based competition in which they will have to design a rocket according to some requirements given by a costumer. Each team will have to,
- Build a model rocket according to its design,
- Present and defend its design in a tribunal with the costumer and technical experts.
- Present a small technical report that ensures the safety of the rocket.
- Participate in a launch in which the rocket performance will be assessed.
The weighting for the assessment for the global project, available right before the beginning of the event, will be used in order to give a special prize for the best project in the event.
The assistants at the International University Rocketry Congress of Terrassa (IURWT) will be attending:
- Conferences from experts and teachers from the university with some experience in the congress main topic, rocket ships.
- A competitive workshop, to test the acquired knowledge.
- A guided tour to a local Aerospace business.
- Conference from a local business.
- Cultural exchange with Terrassa local students.
- Catalonia culture and night life.
The entry fee for the event is 120€ and includes:
- Accommodation for the whole event.
- All meals during the event.
- Internal transportation.
The accommodation will be at the university residence in twin rooms in Terrassa. The last night you will stay in a Barcelona hostel in mixed rooms.
There are 16 vacancies to attend the International University Rocketry Congress of Terrassa. To apply for one vacancies, follow the link below to fulfil the application form. We will get in contact with the selected candidates via e-mail.
Provisional Applications list – 01/06/17
This is only a provisional list. You are not accepted until you receive our confirmation email personally.